Wednesday, October 13, 2010

organic shopping

organic grains and nuts and rasins
organic vegtables


Today I went and bought two jam packed boxes of organic foods. The new love of my life, Millers Natural Foods store, does not use bags plastic or otherwise.  So now I must remember all those cloth bags I purchased for this purpose.  As it is an Amish store, the sign on the door as you go in says, " no electric lighting used in this store".
 What ever I can not eat fast enough I will blanch and freeze.  I have not been this excited about shopping for a long time.
 I bought unsalted cashews, brown rice, millett, quinoa, and rasisns.  I did buy some whole white milk, and a bottle of chocolate milk all also organic.  As I am not a big milk drinker, I bought a half gallon and could possibly split and freeze half.  I know some time in this class we will learn the negatives of dairy but for now I will enjoy the organic part and leave it at that. 
I bought three kinds of squash, carotts, asparagus, beets with the greens, kale, celery, white cap mushrooms, parsnip, romaine lettice, green pepper, cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, apples and had received three free eggplant form a neighbor.  yum we will be eating good!  Add this to the dried beans and fresh caught fish and we will be well rounded.
We already enjoyed these foods so our diets will only be healthier due to no chemicals or GMO's.
The only new food is the quina.  I hear it very nutritious and great for breakfast. It will give a change from oatmeal, eggs, organic wheat-a-bix, etc.
Now what's for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment