Wednesday, October 13, 2010

organic grill and wine bar




I have discovered a great place to eat.  I have decided from all we are learning to try and eat all organic when ever possible.  My friend Ada wanted to take me to lunch and when I explained my position, she knew of a great place.  It was worth the drive.  It is HARVEST Seasonal Grill & Wine Bar.
They are supplied by organic local, sustainable, seasonally changing, and farm to table suppliers.
The great thing about this place is the waiter was so attentive and informative.  He explained everything, and even told us that at the hiring you have to watch the movie Food Inc.  and follow their way of thinking or your will not be hired.  They do not own a microwave.

The food was some of the tastiest I have had in a long time.  I chose the grass fed beef as I wanted to compare it to traditional meat I usually eat.  It was a little dryer as I had read grass fed beef is, but much less fat, and the taste was amazing. Texture was harty, and I felt right away I had bit into something substantial.  The portions were reasonable and more than enough.  They were not these huge over necessary portions that people think they need.  They were not mini portions you eat on a cracker either.  It was interesting that the food was so nutritious that we brought half of it home as we were full half way through.  There was no need for us to eat more than we needed, as we were not continually hungry.  The food sustained us and I felt no reason to eat snack in the evening as I usually do.  Most items were under 500 calories.

My friend was surprised that she felt no desire to continue eating and her body knew when to stop.  She usually found at eating out she was hungry the entire meal and walked away still feeling she was not satisfied.  This simply was not the case for either of us this time.  She was starting an eating program to lose weight for health reasons and through this experience she discovered that eating organic obviously was the way.  She not only would have great nutrition, eat food that tasted like real food, but would eat smaller portions due to being satisfied. 

The owner is DAVE MAGROGAN and the manager is DAVID STEIGER.  I hope you will visit his restaurant. 

                                                       HARVEST
                                             seasonal Grill & Wine Bar
                                             549 Wilmington West Chester Pike
                                              Glen Mills, Pa. 19342
                                                     610  358-1005

                                HARVESTSEASONALGRILL.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment